Blunt Edge turns sharp edges into blunted ones, reducing the slashing and piercing capacity while increasing the bludgeoning capacity of a weapon.
The spell effects 1 edged melee weapon or a container (such as a quiver) of up to 50 projectiles. It severely blunts the weapon's edge so that any slicing or piercing damage gains a -1 for every d10 on the weapon's attack roll. However, if the target is weak against bludgeoning or crushing type damage, then this effect actually adds +1 for every d10 on the weapon's attack roll.
This spell has no duration as it permanently, physically transforms the weapon. However, it can be reversed by inverting the spell or by a similar transformation spell such as Microedge.
- Tier: 1
- DS: 19
- Spectra: Earth
- Purpose: Transformation
- Casting Time: 1 Round
- Duration: None (Permanent Transformation)
- Duration-Ticks: None
- EDR: 1/TSB
- Intensity: None.
- Number of Targets: 1 melee weapons; 50 projectiles (1 quiver)
- Prerequisite: None
- Range: 10m
- Shape: 1 Dimensional - Line of Sense
- Focus: None
- Verbal Component: From razor's edge to dullest form, thou shalt not cut! (Complexity 45)
- Somatic Component: Run two fingers from own elbow to end of little finger as if along a sword's edge while saying the VC.
- Material Component: None
Character Sheet ExampleEdit