Void Spectrum - Voidmancy Edit
Void magic is difficult to nail down as a singular Spectrum as it is actually a corruption of many of the others. Void magic takes a Spectrum and inverts it in such a way as to reverse the effects. Fire becomes Cold. Water becomes dryness and desiccation. Life becomes death - undeath.
Void Damage Edit
Void damage tends to be smaller in initial intensity but persistent. It is a corrupting influence of the natural order of things. Most Void-based skills have a low initial effect but that effect continues for multiple time periods, sometimes years.
Void vs. Primal Edit
Void-based skills tend to invert the prime elements of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water.
- If the Void-based skill is an inversion of the Primal Spectrum, then it gains an additional 1d10 versus the Primal-based skill. E.g. Fire vs. Voidfire (Cold), the Voidfire (Cold) gains 1d10.
- If the Void-based skill is an inversion of the opposing Primal Spectrum, then it automatically fails. E.g. Fire vs. Voidwater (Dryness), then the Voidwater (Dryness) automatically fails.
Void vs. Life Edit
Void-based skills related to life are typically undead in nature. Against Life Spectra (except Soul), it slowly corrupts them into undead versions. Because Voidmancy is typically slower, quick Life-based skill checks are typically unaffected. However, Life-based skill checks with durations can be corrupted and turned to an advantage or even against their original wielder.
E.g. a druid casts Entangle on a Voidmancer. Rather than attempting to move, the Voidmancer casts Corrupt Flora on the Entangle spell. The vines grow diseased and thorny and given enough time, the Voidmancer can control them and turn them against the druid.
Void vs. Soul Edit
Void vs. Natural Spectra Edit
Void vs. Arcane Edit
Void vs. Chaos Edit
Void vs. Order Edit
Void vs. Eldritch Edit
Void Spell List Edit
Primal Spectra Edit
Life Spectra Edit
Natural Spectra Edit
Deep Spectra Edit
- Hero's Guild Players Handbook Home
- Chapter 1 - Creature Kinds
- Chapter 2 - Base Characteristics
- Chapter 3 - Skills
- Chapter 4 - Traits and Foibles
- Chapter 5 - Physical Combat Skills
- Chapter 6 - Mystical Skills
- Chapter 7 - Equipment
- Chapter 8 - Crafting
- Chapter 9 - Knowledge Social and Movement Skills
- Chapter 10 - Optional Classes